Acrobat Pro DC Tutorial

Acrobat Pro DC Tutorial Dave Casuto: Hello everyone. My name is Dave Cassuto instructor for learn it and welcome to our Acrobat pro DC class. I am very excited to show you all the cool things that Acrobat has to offer the new and improved interface of Acrobat pro makes it so much easier than ever to accomplish so much with your PDF documents. So what are we going to cover in this class? We're going to learn how to convert non PDF documents to the PDF format. We're also going to cover how to combine different file formats to PDFs, including how to make portfolios. We then do a nice deep dive into the editing tool bar to modify texts,.

Images, and layout, adding headers and footers and creating all kinds of different types of hyperlinks. We also learn how to personalize the toolbar and interface of Acrobat to make it easier for you to navigate. We then cover the important sections on all the commenting and accessibility tools and also how to create forms security and so much more. Now this course is designed to be an interactive hands-on course. So occasionally you'll hear me say, pause the video and practice on your own. So make sure you download the class files from the link below to do so. This will ensure you get the most out of the course and learn the program in.

A more experiential hands-on manner. I'm looking forward to teaching you all the cool things that Acrobat has to offer. So stay tuned and get ready to learn. If you're enjoying these videos, please like, and subscribe. If you want to earn certificates and digital badges, please become a member of our Patrion. The link is in our video description. If you have any questions you want answered by one of our instructors, please join our offsite community. The link is in the description as well. And as I mentioned, this course does have exercise files and you'll.

Find them in the video description. Welcome. Welcome everyone. Your eyes do not deceive you. Yes. This is a Microsoft word document, and I know that this is an Acrobat pro class. So why are we in this Microsoft word environment? Because a lot of you are going to be in this environment. A lot of you are going to be working in a word document and you want to convert it into a PDF. So let's now talk about the process and how we do it. And of course, we're going to talk about the why's of what we're going to do..

Now, you'll see this particular document has a number of different elements on it. It got some images, it's got some styles on there. It's also got some comments. You'll also notice that it's got some links and all that good stuff in there. And we're going to see if word and Acrobat can work together to make all these things, then get churned out in a very effective and fluid way. All right, now there's a number of different ways for us to export our documents to PDF, and we're going to explore a few of them..

So let's now go over here to our file menu, and you're going to see there's this option for export. When I click on that, you're going to see very simple is this option to create an Adobe PDF. Fantastic. And it tells me here convert PDF using Acrobat, and you can see blah, blah, blah, pretty much like bragging about the virtues of what a PDF can do. Okay. So yeah, definitely for security. Hey, it's going to be printable and viewable in most formats PDF in case you don't know, stands for portable document format. So that makes it so it can be available pretty much on most computers these days..

Acrobat Pro DC Tutorial

Right now, when you are working in word, you'll see. If you have the Acrobat plugin, like I do, you're going to see, it's going to look like this. If you don't, you will have something like this, and this is going to be the Microsoft version of that. Okay. So I'm going to be just using this one and you will see when I click on that, it's going to pop up, give me the option to now just save it. And it's going to be a PDF. Okay. Now, while I'm doing this, you'll notice a few options here. Now I can name it, of course. And I can also view the results afterwards. I can also restrict editing if I want to, I'm going to choose that..

It's going to ask me to put in a password, all that good stuff. I'm going to cancel that. And you also notice that there's more options for me to work with and I can play around with these as well. Okay? So we're going to be exploring these in a different context, but I want you to just notice that when you are saving to not ignore these extra options, like to restrict editing, if you want to password protect, and when you go to options, taking a look at some of the other things, all right, I'm going to cancel this. I'm going to hit the back button. And this time I'm going to go in a little different route for when I am.

Saving my word document into a PDF. And I'm going to go over to here to this guy right up there, where it should say Acrobat. Most of you, if you have Acrobat pro on your computer, it should automatically have come up with this extension for Microsoft word. So I click on that. You're going to see that there's a lot, a lot, a lot of different options here. Okay. You can see, I can just create my PDF right here. I can set up my preferences and then notice here's the group to create and share there's mail-merge review and comments, right?.

Acrobat comments are all these things. We're going to ignore pretty much all of these for right now, just for this introductory part. But I'm going to go to over here to my preferences first, before I create my PDF, cause this is going to be a one-stop shop and I think a little bit easier to access. So when I click on that, you're going to see this Adobe Acrobat PDF, maybe. Dialog box pops up. Give me a whole bunch of options for how I want to ultimately export this document. Okay. So you can see here's my conversion settings, and this is pretty much just going to be sort of a preset for a number of different things..

As far as our resolution, what format, what version you want to do it in. Right? All kinds of different things that you can choose from here in terms of your high quality print. Maybe you want to be making it the smallest file size. So these are essentially just like presets. So as you choose these, a lot of your options will then. Be, uh, compliant with what you have chosen within those settings, but let's not just keep it at standard for right now. And I'm just going to go, just choose some of these things that may work for me. So do I want to view the PDF afterwards?.

Yes or no. Okay, sure. Fine. Do you want to prompt for Adobe PDF file name? Sure, absolutely. Like relatively easy stuff there. Okay. Now we're going to skip over this advanced button, uh, cause it's actually not necessary to go there and I've seen that there's a lot of, uh, kind of little bugs with it to be perfectly honest with you. So we're going to skip over that and then over here for our PDF and then a, which stands for archive compliance. That's when you're working with an older version, uh, sometimes it'll ask you to be compliant, um, in that way, if you want to embed your fonts and it's not working for you, so you can choose some of these older options as it comes up..

Posts Related:

    If you want to. Now you'll also see here's my application settings. Do you want to create bookmarks?

    You know, based off of bookmarks you have inside of word, you can absolutely do that. Add your links. Absolutely. If you're working with accessibility, absolutely choose whatever you like right as you're doing this. Okay. So it's totally up to you per security. Remember we saw that earlier with our dialog box. Now we can see it in all one window. So do you want to require a password to open the document? Certainly. Yes. And then you put in the password, whatever you want, but I'm not.

    Going to make that the case. So here's your also the option to restrict editing and printing of the document. Okay. So if you don't want people to be able to print it or edit it or anything like that, but they can open it, then you'd put a password onto it. Okay. So you can say here, different parameters. If you want people to print, they can only print low resolution. Maybe you're trying to control that within your, within your company. However you want to do that, but just know what your options are here. And it just good to know that you do have that kind of control. I'm going to turn that off before. All right. And then again, you'll see some other options once that is on..

    Do you want to enable copying of text or not? Okay. If you're trying to protect your content, that's where this whole area is about. Right now. Let's go over to here to the word section and you'll see, here are some word features that are available. And do we want to bring those over into our PDF? So convert, displayed comments to notes in Adobe PDF. Yes, absolutely. Have those there. So those are going to be converted and then convert footnotes and EndNote links. If you want to do that, if you have those there, they will convert them as well. And the same thing with signatures..

    Now, you'll also see here that I have my comments. Great. You can see bam. There it is. That's who's made the comments and then you can say, do you want to include these or not? And then you can also change the color of the comments very simply just by clicking, clicking, clicking. All right, bam. And that is how they're going to come in. Okay. Pretty neat. So you just have that kind of control how you want to do that and it's going to convert it nicely. Now, if we go to here to bookmarks, do you want to convert word headings to bookmarks earlier? I mentioned how we had these little headings across the board..

    You can convert these into bookmarks when you bring them into your PDF document. Obviously we have not talked about bookmarks yet. We're going to get into those, but we will see what one looks like in just a few moments right now. You could also choose any of these. If you have any styles on there, convert those into bookmarks. Okay. And if you have word bookmarks that are actual bookmarks, maybe you want to convert those to all right. So if you're not comfortable with bookmarks, but you are comfortable with headings and styles, you'll still ultimately get.

    Bookmarks, which is pretty neat. Okay. So I'm pretty much good with that. Now I'm ready to create my PDF. It's going to take me back to the same dialogue box. I'll go over to here. All right. And then I'm just going to just put in some content here. Okay. So word converts. Excellent. Now I'm going to say, save and make sure I have view results. I click on that and then the little engine is running very happy. Look at that going crazy. And now it opens up to Acrobat and I'll be able to see everything okay..

    Including all my images, there, all my texts. Right. Very good. And then I, oh, look at that. There's a little comment that shows up there. Lovely, wonderful. Who my links got transferred over love that came in pretty smoothly. All right. Now, earlier we talked about bookmarks, so let's go ahead and go over to here to our bookmarks and look at that. All my headings are now bookmarks, so I can simply click on those. And that takes me directly to that section where those bookmarks are, which in fact, before we're just heading styles. So very smart, very efficient and very effective..

    All right. So you have this document to work with and maybe another document you want to work with, please practice that up and then also give it a shot with your Excel documents and also PowerPoint. If you like see you in the next. Now that we have a document ready to go. Let's use this as an opportunity to explore the Acrobat pro interface. There was a lot to explore here and there's actually a lot to customize. So it's pretty exciting. They've done quite a bit to make it a very user-friendly experience. Some things can be a little bit hidden, so we'll be exploring that, but much of it.

    Can be very personalized to your liking. So we're just going to do a kind of a broad stroke overview, and then we're going to get in a little bit deeper and the next exercise of how we can actually do some customization of our toolbar. So let's just, first of all, explore kind of what's what, and what's where on the left-hand side, you're going to see a number of different icons here, right? Move your mouse over. It'll tell you what they are. Bookmarks page, thumbnails, attachments, et cetera. But you know what though? I can't really see everything. So when I click on it, then I'm able to see, oh, great, wonderful..

    What about this? And we saw that earlier when we were working at the bookmarks. Wonderful. Okay. Do I have any attachments on this?

    No, I don't. And this is the order you want to be working with in terms of the tab structure. And in case you are doing this for accessibility purposes, that you can see, this is going to be the tab border, which we're going to be talking about in future lessons, but currently just understanding that these are all accessible just by clicking on them. And you can collapse them very easily just by clicking over here, this little, little arrow, and then that goes away. So it gives you even more screen real estate, click on it again, little bit more access..

    And then bam, you click on these icons and you can see every. Now a lot of these little panels will have a little sub panels inside of here, right? So you can see that within my thumbnails, I have a number of different options to explore different things, depending on what I want to do. So if I want to trash this page and look at that very easily, I can delete that page. If I wanted to insert new pages, I can do that. If I want it to rotate my pages, I can do that. So lots and lots of options that we're going to explore in future lessons. Again, we're just looking at the interface. So, you know, you're, you could be a little more demystified about what's.

    What and how to get to certain things. All right. Now, if I go to my bookmarks, you'll see again, a very similar type of, sort of sub navigation, right? So, very cool Kodak to that. And I'm going to click over here and then I'm going to collapse that now on the top toolbar, you're going to see a number of different options available to you. Now, some of you may see different options than me, but we're going to be able to customize this in future lessons to be able to make it. So it looks exactly how you want it to look. All right. Now, a lot of these may look familiar to like a little save icon. You see his little print icon..

    Okay. You can see, I can also go from page to page. Okay. Very nice. All right. So relatively straightforward. Okay. So, and you'll see over here, some different options here for selecting items there. You can see, you can do that. Okay. Maybe you want to put a comment on that. Okay. So pretty neat. You can see here, you can pan around the document. You're like going up and down. If you like to. And then of course, zooming in and zooming out and to the right of that. You're going to see. Well, maybe I want to zoom in at a very specific Pacific zoom level..

    I can do that. Go back to 100. Very cool. All right. And then these guys here, you will see when you click on that, how do you want to fit the page in? So you'll see here. Do you want to fit to the width? Scroll. Well, good. That fits a nice and big, and then I want to fit in one page just like that. So then I can see kind of the entire page all at once, or go into read mode and you can see how that gets nice and big for me. So it's kind of like a presentation I'm gonna hit escape to get out of that. And I'm going to come right back to my full one page, just like that. All right..

    Now this option, move page control out of toolbar. What, what does that even mean? Oh, all of these are my page controls. Maybe I don't actually want this here. So this is going to be our first little precursor to how we can control things. So if I click on this, now, you're going to see how then it appears down below. Maybe you just kind of want this there all the time, kind of floating, but I can very easily move that back. And then it comes right back to the top toolbar, click on it, come back over to here. And then just notice I want to scroll up and down..

    I'm able to still see those toolbars there. Right? I don't have to really worry about it. And if I kind of mouse over, bam just pops right up again. And I can just move and click that back over there. All right. Now, some of these other options, again, you may or may not have, we're going to learn how we can customize this. Just adding on some of your favorite items there. So you have easy access to them. Now let's go over here to the right-hand side. And this is where you'll be spending quite a bit of your time. And this is where all of your tools live. Now. If for whatever reason, you don't see your tools. If I click on this guy right here, just like how we did on the left-hand side, right over here..

    If you're missing that, you will see it might be collapsed. And it's going to look like this of just the icons, but no words. But if I want to see the words who would like to read stuff, I know what it is. I can now expand that out. Now. You'll can see what each individual command actually is available to me. Oh, pretty cool. So I can very easily say, Hey, I want to create a PDF and click. Cool. Fantastic. All right. So I can go to these very, very easily anytime I want. And that's what we're going to do all throughout this class..

    Right? And then the last thing I'm going to show you here is very similar to what we're looking at here is this tools option way over here in the upper left. And you're going to see, that's going to take me to kind of the Motherload of all my tools. All right. I'm going to go back to my document now and you'll see how it can very easily toggle back and forth between my document itself on this tab, and also go back to tools very easily. Okay. And we're going to be exploring all these in due time. I just want you to understand the interface. All right. So you'll also notice that next tools is also home..

    And that's going to take you back to potentially a good, helpful place where maybe you want to access some of your files, right? You want to go through your files that are either recent files. It's going to be available. We can see, you can go through your document cloud if you want to back onto your computer, if you like, and then a few other kind of nice shortcut tips and tools that you can go through just from here, if you like, all right, but very easily, I can go back to my document anytime I want. And there I am. All right. So in a little bit, we're going to come back. I'm going to show you how we can kind of make the toolbar our own, but of course,.

    That will change in due time for you, as you start to learn more and more tools. So feel free to experiment and really get to know the interface for right now. Get comfortable with it before we move on to the next. And our last lesson, we looked at the general overview of the workspace. Now we're going to take some ownership over the workspace by controlling what toolbars can show up there and how we can tweak certain parts of it and move some things around and really kind of build things up from the ground up and make it so it's personalized for us by us. So as we mentioned earlier, Acrobat gives us a number of different preset.

    Tools up on top here on also on the right hand side, we have all of our tools now, how do we access more tools if we want them, if you simply right click up on your top toolbar here, you're going to see that there's a number of really wonderful options that appear here. Do you want to show file tools, edit tools, page navigation tools. Wow, amazing. So I can actually make it so these guys are going to show up or not show up. So guess what I have this show file tools and a lot of these things that I already have already checked, meaning that they're already showing up here on my top toolbar..

    So for example, let's say I don't use the Adobe document cloud. Sorry, Adobe. I click on that and then notice that little cloud icon goes away. We right click again and you'll see. Okay, great. What about now? I don't really use my start files that goes away. Okay. Just really trying to simplify it. Right. Click. What about some of my edit tools? Oh yeah. Well, I use undo a lot. I definitely want to check spelling so very easily. I can just add these on. So let's add on checks. That comes up there. Right? Click over here this time. Why not? So I can be closer to it and then undo, definitely want that there..

    Right. Click, let me try to go to another one now. Page navigation. Do I really use this actually? You know what? I kind of don't so it's starting to get a little crowded so I can really remove these very easily. Do you want to know the page numbers? So I am going to keep that there and then just, just your going to control how you want. Now you will see that at the bottom, you have the option to say, Hey, show me all of the page navigation tools you'll see here. Same thing. Show me all of the edit tools. Okay. So if you just want to kind of do them in all fell swoop,.

    You can absolutely do that. Or of course you can reset it just the same. All right. Now you'll want to play around with these. Whatever's going to be the best for you, but I'm just going to go ahead and just bring in certain things and then you can decide what's going to work for you the best. So what I'd like to do is I'm going to bring up this actual size. I love that because then I can see all right, what's that going to look like? As far as my images, right? Is it going to look kind of compressed and kind of grainy? I just need to know. So let's bring up that so I can very easily choose that. Let's take a look at some other ones..

    Maybe do I want to bring in my Markey's zoom tool? Sure. Why not? Okay. So I want to choose that I'll be able to just like zoom in on a certain area. Very cool. And then I can then go right back to this. So these guys are kind of counterparts to each other, so very neat. So right. Clicking goes a long way for you to be able to just really control what you want. Okay. Now let's go ahead and just check out some other things. We're going to skip over these for right now and let's bring up our properties bar. I noticed there's a nice shortcut key for it. I click on that and you can see based off of what you have selected..

    It's going to show me different properties for that. Okay. So I might want to know little bits of information about that thing here. So, okay. Now let's go ahead and check out some of these other options. Like the menu bar, notice how that's checked and then notice it goes away. Let's bring it. Right pops right back up, Ken menu bar. Do you want that or do you not want that depending on your screen real estate, you might not want that there, or you might want it, let's check out our toolbars, right? That all goes away entirely and oh, what do I do? How do I bring it back?.

    Well, it's a good thing. I still have my menu up because I just go over here to view, you're going to see here is my show height options. And then I'm just going to choose my toolbar items and then say show toolbars. And it comes right back. So in case that ever happens to you, you know, that you have kind of a get out of jail free card. All right. So a lot of customization, just really looking at just this very simple right. Click can bring up a lot of options for you. Okay. Now let's take a look at this customized quick tools. All right, I'm going to click on that..

    And this is going to take me to a whole new dialog box, or this can be incredibly powerful because I might want to really, really start customizing things in a way that's going to be comfortable for me, because a lot of things that I saw up there kinda missing things. And especially as you get more and more advanced with this program, you might want to have more options that they're going to offer you. So just notice here, how it's all created by different categories, giving me different options based on different things I might.

    Want to do, like creating PDFs. Surely I do that all the time and wow. Look at all these options here that I can now make a toolbar out of this. Okay. So you'll see again, that there's all these different categories of what I can bring in, but where's it going to go? It's going to go up to here. So you notice how it says tools to show in the tool bar and then notice what's currently up here. So I would then be bringing whatever I use very often into this toolbar. That's going to show up over here. Notice these four are the. As what I have up on top and over here, they're compatible with each other..

    So what are some things that you use a lot? You really want to ask yourself that question, so you can really customize your quick access to those tools. Okay. So for example, like comment, I do that a lot, right. So I actually work with, let's just say, I think I already have some of these up here already, so let's just go over here to text boxes. Right? I do that a lot. So very simply I can just select the tool that I want. That's going to end up over there. And on the far right hand side, you're going to see this little guy right there, basically whispering to me, Hey, move this up there with the rest of these guys..

    I click on that and then cool. Done and done. Pretty neat. Maybe you're using some shapes. Okay. Use those a lot. And then wow. Look at that. It's just going to go right there where I want it. And of course, this is going to be something that you will be changing all throughout and your career with Acrobat pro. So you'll be exploring all these things is okay. So I would delete things all the time. Okay, cool. And then it changed my mind later on. I can always go back to it. So let me click save, and now you can see there's my toolbar..

    Wonderful. Oh, you know what? I want to actually add in some more stuff. I right. Click on there. I'm going to go over to here to customize quick tools and then I can go back and I can very easily add some more stuff on there. Okay. So if I want to prepare forms, okay, cool. I'm doing that all the time. I go up there, but guess what? Let's say, I change my mind. Maybe there's certain things I don't want in here anymore. Okay. So I'm actually not using the arrow keys anymore. So very simply I choose it. And then I can click on this little trashcan and it's gonna go. But now let's say I like these guys here, but I want to change the order of them. So I can very easily just use this little arrow is here..

    So I trash things all the time. I just bumped that over to the far left. I want to be able to see that. Okay. So this one I do forms. Yeah. Moderately such bring that kind of somewhere in the middle. Okay. So very easy just to kind of change the ordering of things and also add them and also delete them. But there's going to be some times when you want to be a little bit more structured with these. So you might want to have a little divider depending on what individual things that you're working on here. So for example, I might want to have a little divider between these, right?.

    So I'm going to move this over here a little bit. This is going to be my commenting stuff. And then this is going to be over here just for my trash. It's going to be separated out just like that. Maybe there's going to be another one for your signatures, for your forms, whatever it's going to be. So then I'll add on another one. Cool. Now they're all structured and organized for me in a really nice, easy to read format. So let's check it out. I click save and now you can see nicely structured and organized for me. And I can see them all very subtly. You can see the little line there and I'm pretty happy with that because then I have all my favorite tools easily accessible to me..

    All right. Next thing we're going to do is talk about how we can customize this. Set of tools over here on the right-hand side. So you have a lot, a lot of tools to explore. We're going to be getting through many, many of these in this class, but when you want to access them, it's as simple as simply clicking on them. But when you right click on them, you'll notice that there's many options, including of course, opening them, removing these as shortcuts, moving them up and down if you want to as well. And of course you can learn more about these individual tools..

    So if I'm commenting all the time, I right click, I can say move up. And it's not the most fluid way of doing things would be nice if you can click and drag, but she can't do it so you can try it and maybe they'll get that in the next, uh, version. But, and if I don't want to have something on here like that, I don't use a lot, then I can very easily remove it. So if I right click on request signatures, I can remove the shortcut and it goes away. All right, now let's go over here to more tools and we'll be able to see, oh, well, here's kind of the Motherload of all the tools that I work with..

    So let's say for example, I'm using stamps all the time. I can very easily. Now I can click and drag this to go over here. Okay. And guess what? While I'm here now I can click and drag this. Okay. So there is kind of a backup for you while you're in this window, but not on the front window. Okay. So just keep that in mind. Okay. The dragging thing does work while you're in this window, but not on the front end. So it does give you a little bit of functionality. And of course, while we're here, you'll notice here's a little X, so I can very easily get rid of these if I want to. So I'm gonna go ahead and just click on that for sending comments, get.

    Rid of that, and then maybe bring an accessibility very important. And then that's there. Okay. Amazing. Amazing, amazing. Amazing. Okay. Then I'll go back to my document and I'll see, there's all my tools all set up. Ready to go customized by me for. All right. So go ahead and pause the video, get your workspace really customized, knowing the things that you may want to do, having those tools accessible for you. And then of course, knowing that they may change and it's no big deal to make those modifications when it comes up for you. Okay. Practice up and we'll see you in the next lesson..

    DISCLAIMER: In this description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I'll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows us to continue tomake videos like this. All Content Responsibility lies with the Channel Producer. For Download, see The Author's channel. The content of this Post was transcribed from the Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77GKGa-I-FY
Previous Post Next Post